Monday, August 13, 2007

Tagaytay, a place I can call home

I felt so blessed having this beautiful land in the Philippines. The gorgeous panorama of Taal Volcano actually inspired me to write a novel some years ago. You can also see the village of Talisay, a fishing village in Batangas.
The land is sandwiched between two national roads, one going to Laguna/Batangas and the other one to Manila. There has been major development taking place. The land is zoned residential. Most of the land in Tagaytay are protected by the government. My land is one of the few remaining lands to be zoned as residential. I feel truly blessed.
Having this land, I feel the need to share it. Nature's beauty should be appreciated by all. I thought about subdividing one of the few hectares of land I owned. Buying wholesale give you a leverage. I thought about passing the savings to my potential buyers. I just hope that they would trust me.
Most of the land in Tagaytay is overpriced. It's based on supply and demand. A lot of people want land in Tagaytay because of its natural beauty and cool climate. Tagaytay is known as the second Summer Capital of the Philippines. Its proximity to Manila make it more accessible to many. With demand for this beautiful land accelerating the price per square meters is beginning to skyrocket. The dizzying price is making it unattainable to most Filipinos.
My plan to make Tagaytay land affordable to ordinary people is a source of great pride for me. I reside in Chicago. As much as I appreciate the beauty of Tagaytay, locals may appreciate it even more. As for me I simply want to share with others a place of harmonious beauty, a place to visit and live, a place I can call home.

No comments: